The Bankwatch

Tracking the consumer evolution of financial services

SEO | 28% of Google search clicks on paid

A very full and complete article on the power of search and relationship to purchasing. The lead stat is the fact that 28% of clicks on a Google search page go to the paid search items.

Click through for Joey’s excellent summary of Fredrick Marckini’s keynote presentation at searchengine strategies conference in Toronto this week.

» Fredrick Marckini’s Keynote at Search Engine Strategies 2008 Toronto » The Adventures of Accordion Guy in the 21st Century : Joey deVilla’s Personal Blog

72% of all clicks were in the natural results section; the remaining 28% were in the paid.

Written by Colin Henderson

June 18, 2008 at 23:40

Posted in Marketing

3 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Wow! That’s why so many companies pay for ads even when they are the first organic result.

    Tom

    June 19, 2008 at 06:45

  2. Thanks for the post.
    This post is helpful for the people to understand the PPC area in any search engine.

    seo experts

    June 20, 2008 at 07:37

  3. Altering your content to make it more SEO friendly is will get you traffic without paying google. But through adwords, even 28% of the total traffic may mean millions of hits.

    SEO Pune

    June 25, 2008 at 04:20


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: