RBC just launched its Android app
RBC have released the Android version of their mobile banking application. Here are some stats provided by RBC on their mobile success to date since Dec 2010. I am a fan of their iPhone app, and its nice to see them rounded out on Android, iPhone and Blackberry now.
Mobile banking apps have certainly proven to be an attractive banking option for RBC clients. Since the initial launch in December 2010, mobile banking apps have resulted in:
• 800,000 unique downloads to date
• On average, clients checking their account balance over 12 times every month
• Over 1.6 million bills paid and 3.6 million fund transfers conducted through mobile banking.
• View account balances, details and transaction history for all personal and business accounts
• Transfer funds between existing Canadian or U.S. Dollar RBC Royal Bank accounts
• Pay bills in Canadian or U.S. dollars
• Access RBC’s Mortgage Payment and Foreign Exchange Calculators
• Send Interac e-Transfers to registered payees
• Locate the closest RBC Royal Bank branch or ATM through the GPS feature